Wednesday, April 03, 2019

April UFO

April is a busy month, with the tax deadline looming large and lots of boring paperwork to do. So I'm setting a hopefully achievable UFO goal this month.
I started the Wacky Web project project at quilt retreat in 2017 but I needed a design wall to work on in order to continue expanding the size, so I brought it home and put it away in a box. And there it stayed unattended for over a year.
This is a Missouri Star Quilt project made with a template and paper foundations. It is a challenging project requiring colour and placement organization to sew the blocks, and there is a lot of seam matching when joining blocks together. 

I'm hoping I'll be able to finish this quilt for the "Be a Diamond" blog hop, AND also finish my taxes by the end of the month!
Linking up to the April Goal Setting at One Monthly Goal.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the first impression you have so far :) Good luck with your goal(s). Hope you can get the paper stuff done fastly so you can enjoy the sewing! Best wishes xo Melanie

(www.mell-meyer.de)

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, that looks a challenge! You will need a clear head when setting these blocks together. It's gorgeous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's SEW pretty!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Pretty color scheme!

Susan said...

Taxes? Ooops! I forgot about those. I better fire up TurboTax and see what I have to find! I like your bright colors and think this will be a beautiful quilt.

Laura said...

Your Wacky Web has a very pretty beginning! :)

Patty said...

Such fun blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.