Monday, March 18, 2019

New quilt

On Saturday I celebrated Worldwide Quilting Day by sewing all day with my quilt guild friends. You can read more about it here
I enjoyed using my 1964 white featherweight Singer 221K sewing machine that I call "Sweet Baby Jayne". So tiny, stitches perfectly and looks so adorable!
I'm using all Tula Pink Zuma fabrics for this project, with the light/background fabric being "glitter litter glowfish".



Here are the first 12 blocks on the design wall. I have 8 more blocks to sew. I'm not sure I like the big white spaces that appear with this layout. 



Let's try another one... I think I like this layout better. And I have some quilting ideas popping into my head already, so now I'm motivated to sew the rest of the blocks!
Linking up to Small Quilts design wall Monday part.

10 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

What pattern are you using?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice, bright blocks! I'm sure you all had an enjoyable day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice and colorful or spring

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like the second one better too Should be done in no time!

Janet O. said...

Second one has more of a flow to it, to me. A very happy looking quilt. The fabrics make it look like a celebration--confetti, or something.

Jollygirl said...

What happy fabrics. I prefer the 2nd layout, but both are lovely.

Mary said...

Great use for the Zuma line. It's a Happy quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such a lovely bright quilt!xx

Kate said...

Perfect colors for spring stitching! Looking forward to seeing more of this beauty.

beaquilter said...

Adorable blocks I like the first layout where they look like flowers