Thursday, February 28, 2019

UFO Goals Accomplished

February was a very short month and went by so quickly. I set 3 goals for this month and was able to accomplish them all! How else can a person survive such a snowy, dark, cold month but to quilt each day?!? It's medicinal!


Scrapdash mystery quilt
1) the Exploding Block tabletopper was finished while at quilt retreat. 

2) the Pumpkin Spice Latte mystery quilt (made last fall - pattern by Scrapdash.com) was finished yesterday with a lovely green binding. It looks great on the dining room table and I'm enjoying the curved effect created by quilting the edge of the 3D blocks.

3) Blockheads I blocks are sewn together!
Blockheads I

This is a major accomplishment that started in March 2017 and I am delighted with this sampler quilt. It's quite busy, with lots of things to see, and many techniques used in the block making over almost 2 years. I have an idea for a border for this project and am working on the math and I'm so excited to try it out!
Hop over to One Monthly Goal to see more quilting goals that have been met this month.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that Scrapdash mystery! good colors that you used for it.

Linda said...

Congratulations on all your projects! I love that blockheads quilt, especially the colors.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I am usually not a fan of sampler quilts but yours is just wonderful Plenty of variety and lovely colors.

Cathy said...

You have some nice finishes. I love your Blockheads 1 quilt. Hugs

Janet O. said...

Good for you on accomplishing your goals. I am curious to see what border you are dreaming up for the sampler.

Karen said...

The BlockHeads look good together. It is not always easy to pull off piecing so many different blocks and having everything come together in a cohesive look.

Laura said...

Congratulations! Love the Scrapdash table topper (Spring has gotta come soon, right?!!) and the Blockheads sampler. I am looking forward to the border treatment for the sampler!

Lynette said...

Fantastic accomplishments! Love your Blockheads project - looking forward to seeing what you do for the border. :)

Mary said...

YEA!!! Not doing the Link-ups since they changed. Glad you got your Blockheads quilt together.

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on your progress! Love the Scrapdash!

Patty said...

Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Congrats on you Sampler - I love it and the Reproduction look. I think the small one is from Annette (cannot remember her last name) She taught that technique at our guild long time ago.