Saturday, February 16, 2019

Scrappy Saturday

It's yellow month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and it's the perfect mid winter colour to brighten up the quilting room.
This week I sewed 9 yellow blocks for the Temecula One Block Wednesday project.  I have 18 blocks now ... 9 red from January and 9 yellow from February. At this rate by the end of the year, I'll have over 100 to turn into a fabulous scrappy quilt.

I'm also planning to make 4 Economy Path blocks every month, so here are my sunny yellow ones for February. They are really cute and each one will finish at 3", so 4 of them together finish at 6". I may have to start making a few larger blocks, or this will turn into a multi year project in order to make enough for a bed quilt. But it's all about the fun, and this makes me happy so we'll see how it goes.
To see more yellow projects being sewn, hop over to the weekly RSC link up.

16 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Happy stitching this weekend. Stay warm!

Julierose said...

Lovely choices on your RSC blocks hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you might get several quilts from all of that!

grammajudyb said...

Great job! Those Economy Path blocks are so cute!

Katie Z. said...

Your yellows are beautiful!

Karen said...

I have been tempted by Temecula's One Block project but tempted is all I can say. Just can't find time to get it started.

Janet O. said...

This is a happy post to brighten the snowy, stormy weather we are having.
Love these cute little sunny blocks!

Bonnie said...

I really like those one block wonders. I'm not sure I'de ever make the block that small but I might be willing to make a bigger block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the way the Temecula blocks create a star in the center when you put nine of them together! They will make a neat design when you've made all you need!

Turid said...

So happy blocks. Yellow is the most perfect colour this time of the year.

Sandy said...

I think I would like to blend the colors together, maybe after you do your 12 months of specific colors of small blocks, you could blend those colors left into several other blocks to bring the whole quilt together?
Sandy's Space

Julie in GA said...

I love both of your sets of yellow blocks. The great thing about small blocks is that you get to use so many different fabrics!

Deb A said...

I love seeing everyone's fabrics... As I don't have any of your yellows.... I think I need to go shopping! Pretty blocks.

Louise said...

Your yellow scraps are really sunny!

Cathy said...

I'm already making those Temecula blocks I've seen called every name under the sun but I think you have really tempted me to start those Economy Paths.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've started my yellow blocks. Now to find time to finish them.