Saturday, March 17, 2018

Scrappy Saturday


Happy St. Patrick's Day! 
I'll be wearing green today and celebrating the Irish traditions with my Irish friends. 
And who knew there was such a thing as Worldwide Quilting Day, which is also being celebrated today. That means everyone should celebrate the art of quilting, and quilters should dress in green and spend all day sewing green scraps in their quilt studio!



The RSC colour of the month is green... one of my favourite colours. I especially like light bright happy lime green and use it in many quilts (see my version of Easy Street). So I have had a great time playing with the green scraps this month.



For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters Mari and Angela created a quilt along called Squared Away. There are no sign up requirements, no fees, no books or tools to purchase... it's free to anyone who wants to play along with us this year. You can make as many blocks as you want each month using the block pattern in any size you want to try. How's that for a perfect project?!?

This month's pattern is called Red Cross and was published in the late 1800s Ladies Art Company catalogue. The block pattern has been around a long time! Incidentally the January block was called Red Cross also... it's a popular block name I guess!
Here are my light green quilt along blocks. It's hard to pick a favourite. I really do like them all.






And here are all my blocks for the Squared Away quilt along on the design wall. I am making 4 blocks each month. My blocks are 5" so although it looks like a big project, it's really not! 
Hop over to the RSC link up and see the other green projects being posted. 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks for March are really pretty! I love how you varied the backgrounds. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cathy said...

Lovely, lovely blocks! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Deanna W said...

Happy Quilting day!! You sure are a busy lady!!

Marly said...

Lovely blocks Kathy. Enjoy your Irish festivities.

hetty said...

I love that light, bright lime green too! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Julie in GA said...

Your Squared Away blocks look great together!

Mari said...

Looking good! Love those happy greens!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Quilting Day to you, too!!

Kate said...

All of your blocks turned out beautifully! Happy Quilting Day! Hope you got in lots of stitching time today.

Janet O. said...

Very pretty green blocks!
I really like your row of purple blocks in the last photo.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your blocks are all so pretty. I am really enjoying this sampler!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

nicely done!

Janice said...

Looking good. They all play well together.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hi Kathy, looking good! I am cheating and doing the 10" blocks! Love your greens!