Sunday, January 14, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up for hand stitching bloggers! As my blog readers know I started off the year with influenza, and unbelievably I have not made one single stitch, by hand or machine, for over a week now. That is unheard of for me! So I have no stitching to show you today, but I do have three things to share...

1) Interesting information posted by the New York Times about recovery from influenza includes a link to the "misery map" tracking the statistics in the US. The visual impact of the weekly chart is surprising.

2) When you can't stitch, you can watch videos of other people stitching. I came across this cute video on Canadian Knitting. Who knew there was such a thing? Enjoy!

3) A new addition to the Slow Sunday Stitching link ups this year will be occasional photo challenges. I love photography and still regularly use these 3 cameras. This photo was taken with my least favourite camera on my old Samsung phone, so I guess I actually use 4 cameras! I really enjoy seeing your  stitching photos on the  Sundays link ups and often make them as big as I can on my computer screen in order to see the detail in what you are making. So be watching next week for the details as we start our first Slow Sunday Stitching photo challenge. 


So what are you working on this week? I do hope you will cheer me up by telling me all about your hand stitching projects and the progress you are making so far this year.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

20 comments:

Ivani said...

Sorry to know that influenza didn't let you make a single stitch this week. Take care and get well soon. You have a great collection of cameras!!! look that big Nikkon, I am excited to know about the new photo challenge.
Have a great week. Feel better.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love sewing and taking pictures! You are combining my favourite hobbies! I hope you are feeling better this week and you can get back to sewing.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I watched the video for awhile that you had recommended yesterday :)

Julierose said...

Oh I am in recuperation mode also--one day I feel better, the next I'm back down again--ugh!! What a flu season this year!! Anyway I hope you feel up to par soon...I just have no energy to sew or desire--I think this bug really takes it out of you....
I have been watching youtubes and re-reading my quilt books to get some kind of urge to sew again...hang in there the days are getting longer....hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you are better soon, my daughter is in week two recovery

SandraC said...

So nice to see you are feeling a bit better! I have no Slow Stitching to show today....not saying I haven't done any! I've been awake since 4a.m. and I can't stand laying awake so I got up and appliqued many, many leaves...not exciting enough for a blog post since it's all I've been appliqueing lately! I did take the opportunity to watch the first four episodes of Alias Grace, which I've had taped for a few months. I did put a couple of stitches into the beginning of the Send My Love embroidery. Now I'm not sure how to continue. I started with one strand of floss, but it seems like many on the Facebook page are using 2. Maybe I'll do a test and see which I like best. Take care, Kathy!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can sympathize with you as I am into the 7th week - virus that went into the flu and trying very hard to excape the pnuemonia part of it. I would be down for the count as well, but have deadlines looming and peck away a little at a time as I can handle.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

No handwork for me this week either, hope you feel better soon.

Deb A said...

So sorry you are still not feeling good. I must have been doing hand work for you - I got a lot done for me this week =) Will post a little later today.

Cathy said...

Get well soon! It hasn't hit this house yet, thank goodness!

Ellen said...

Oh Kathy - it is no fun being sick. :( I hope you have someone helping to take care of you.

Deanna W said...

Have missed you this week. Glad you are back in webland!!! Photography challenge..I am looking forward to that. I am not very good at taking pics but love doing it ...hmmm when I think to take a pic!! haha

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, Hubby is trying to recover too. All the flu stats have me baffled and the reliablity of the shots is disappointing. Thanks for the links and I will be interested in your photo challenges. Hope this week gets you back in your stitching groove.

Sarah said...

Poor you. You must be sick to not put needle to fabric for a whole week. But it's obviously given you thinking time, look forward to the photography challenge!

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear you are still sick. Wishing you a better week this coming one. I will join you and say that I haven't done any slow stitching this past week either. I am very interested in knowing more about this photo challenge. So I'll stitch something up this week just to be able to participate next Sunday. Take care of yourself and stay warm. ;^)

Deb said...

Hopefully you will be able to get in some stitching soon, I know when I had the flu back in Nov. I didn't stitch for two weeks. Nice collection of cameras.

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
Hope your feeling better soon. When I had the flu, I didn't get anything done either. Looking forward to the photo challenge. I'll be back to check it out. Have a great day!

Angela said...

I use four cameras as well. Actually, just added a new one as the old Nikon has stopped working.

Kate said...

I've got 4 cameras as well. Looking forward to seeing your slow stitching photo challenge.

Miaismine said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! Not a stitch made - it does seem impossible because you often get so much done every week. Prayers up for you!