I had been sewing like a fiend last week, until I succumbed to a stomach flu that kept me in bed (and the bathroom - too much information?!) a lot of the weekend. I was able to finish all the blocks for the Countdown to Christmas mystery from Temecula quilts. Several of the blocks went missing for a while - they were in a "very safe place", which I couldn't remember! But I finally found them in my "Baby Jayne" case and my interest was renewed in the project.
Here is the finished layout as it was on my design wall on the weekend, with a grand total of 80 blocks - 8 blocks across and 10 blocks down.
L O V E this quilt!
It is Christmasy but doesn't have any actual Christmas fabrics in it. I wasn't sure about the light coloured squares and debated taking them out, and I might tea dye it a bit when the quilt is finished. But for now, I am really happy with it.
I was very careful taking the blocks off the design wall and pinning them in order to sew the rows together.
But look what happened... I found one block on the floor. I don't have any extras, so that means one is missing from the layout. UGH! I think I will put this project away for awhile!
To see more design walls hop over to Patchwork Times.