All of my fabric is washed (something I am not usually organized enough to do!) and I am ready to start cutting and sewing.
My goal before starting the new mystery was to completely finish the 2011 mystery, and to finish the top from the 2012 mystery. I am happy to report that I have been successful!
The 2011 mystery 3 Sisters Grace (Orca Bay) was my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes this month (click here to see more finishes).
I had a lot of fun with the machine quilting, which is mostly free motion with a little bit of stitch in the ditch.
The borders were also fun to quilt as I just made up the designs as I went along.
The quilting photos are bad but it is hard to get good detail shots when the weather is so dark and dreary. Hope you can see the quilting lines on the backing here. This is my sixth finish from my UFO wish list (on the sidebar on the right side of my blog) this year!
And I finished sewing my 2012 Easy Street blocks together.
Here is my finished quilt top...
in two photos!
It was a challenging project for me due to the large size of the quilt top, the diagonal layout, and the fact that my design wall is about half the size of the quilt.
The quilt top is now about 85" square and I'm considering whether to add the border I picked out or not.
But today, I'm just enjoying my accomplishments, and am ready to take on the new mystery challenge... bring it on Bonnie!
Hop over to Jo's Country Junction link up to see more "Bonnie quilts" in progress.