Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Deckade the Halls Quilt Along

I am keeping up with my version of the "Deck-ade the Halls" quilt along. These are my stocking blocks which turned out okay, but I have to admit that they were kind of tricky to make. I made a couple of cutting errors, which took a while to figure out. One of the errors I fixed by adding a red band on the stocking cuff, and I like it even better than before...
so yah, that's right, I meant to do it that way!!
Then I constructed the entire block incorrectly... nope, that doesn't look right? It probably would be easier to sew if I actually followed the instructions!!  But it was easy peasy to fix.
Anyway...the stockings are done and they are sweet. 
Next I will be cutting for the presents blocks. This has been a really fun sew along and I am so delighted to be using up all this old stash! You can check out all the group photos from the quilt-along on the Deckade the Halls Flickr page.

8 comments:

Deb A said...

So pretty! I can't wait to pull some Christmas fabrics and join in later this week after I catch up on a few things.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your stockings are adorable! I love the chevron trim on them, and you used really cute fabric to make them just right! :*)

Janet O. said...

Follow instructions? Whatever for? : )
Very cute stockings, Kathy, and I like the darker stripe on the cuff, too! See, that never would have happened had you followed instructions! *LOL*

Darlene said...

Your stockings are adorable, Kathy. I've been working on this project, too. It's so much fun!

Debbie said...

I love it when such a cute design is free!!! I like your stocking version with the misstep...one of these improvements made along the way!

Aunt 'Reen said...

These stocking blocks are so adorable!

Kate said...

Very cute!

Bonnie said...

Cute stockings.