Thursday, July 11, 2013

"Deck-ade the Halls" Quilt-Along

Are you sewing along with the Fat Quarter Shop's Christmas quilt-along? Or saving the instructions for your "Projects to make someday" file? 
I am a little behind but was able to finish sewing my ornaments this week.
I must say that the instructions are very well written for this project. 
These are complex blocks (27 pieces per ornament) and yet they went together perfectly. Very fun to sew! This is pattern download #4 (of 10), so I am almost half finished. It has been great to use up these scraps of Christmasy fabrics. 
Next up...Santa's stockings!

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the reminder to copy down the patterns for later.

Rosa said...

Gorgeous.Happy sewing!

Karen said...

A unique ornament design. So cute!

Heather said...

I've been saving them. must finish a few more projects before I can possibly consider starting another. Perhaps Lens will have another Christmas fabric sale and then I'll have some fabrics to play with...

Janet O. said...

I'm glad you are keeping us up with the downloads. Someday I do want to make this, so I download from your links. I love these ornament blocks--so cute. Yours look wonderful!

Lesley said...

Love the ornaments...so perfectly pieced!

Cathy said...

I've been downloading the patterns, and just need to find the time to do them.

Kindred Quilts said...

Really pretty fabrics for your ornaments! They are so cute! Wish I had more time...

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

These are just adorable! Thanks for including the link to the pattern too.