Saturday, February 02, 2013

Scrappy Saturday


This is the end of the pink scraps month over at the Rainbow Challenge

I finished up an even dozen of my 2.25" Alamo Stars...so cute!


And then sewed up a pink Palm Branch block. These paper piecing patterns finish at 6" x 7" are great scrap users.  I am trying to place the fabrics from darker at the bottom to lighter at the top.
(See more blocks here)

The free pattern is called Red Herring from Quiet Play -click here to find the block.

Hop over to SoScrappy to see if other scrappers are finishing pink or starting on purple!

12 comments:

Terri said...

Hi~ found you at SoScrappy. I'm working on this paper pieced quilt, too. My progress is on the top banner of my blog. Come on over and see it.
Hugs

Katie Z. said...

I am enamored by your Alamo Stars, but I'm pretty sure my accuracy is not that good!

scraphappy said...

So happy you have finished up so many great pink scraps. The graduations on the palm branch block are such a nice touch.

Edith said...

Very, very nice, I agree with soscrappy the graduations on the palm are a nice added touch.

Ellen said...

Such fun pink fabrics! I think your blocks look terrific.

Lesley said...

You have some awesome blocks!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Fun blocks! I have really enjoyed having pink on my design wall the last few weeks...

Sheila said...

Awesome pink blocks.

Janet O. said...

Love those Alamo Stars. I have the foundation pattern and every time I see yours I think I should give them a try--but so far I haven't ventured there.
Nice Palm Leaf block!

Deb A said...

Love your palm branches. That is going to make a wonderful quilt. 2.25 inches is so tiny for those cute little stars.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great start to your year with the lovely pink blocks. I have to have will power and not start one of those. I have so many already, maybe ideas for next year.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. I really like that Red Herring block!