I did see the log cabin variation quilt sold, for which I donated a block (see this blog post). My block is half hidden in this photo...on the left column in the middle. This quilt was sold for $650!
I also made a block for the
"Community Garden" quilt.
I don't have a good photo of this quilt, but the first one here shows the bottom right corner where my block is :)
I can't find a blog post where I wrote about making this block, so maybe I forgot to?
This is the block that I made for the "Community Garden", for which I drafted the paper piecing pattern, based on a block pattern on Quilter's Cache.
My favorite part of the block was the little beaded yoyo's, which I added in the center because there was just too much yellow and open space.
All of the gorgeous donated blocks were put on pointe, with either a green or a purple fabric on the corners. I thought the yellow piping before the purple border was a great touch. This quilt sold for $600!
Of course, the food is always a highlight for me! I got a
The amount raised by the quilt auction was almost $130,000 this year! And one of the things I love about about this quilt auction is that 100% of the money raised goes directly to world relief efforts.