Monday, November 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday #44

I thought I would be putting up my civil war blocks for today's design wall post, but I am obsessed with my newest project! You can read all the details of this quilt on yesterday's blogpost.


At the top are the 10 blocks that are completely sewn, and on the bottom of the design wall are 10 blocks that are framed, and ready to slice and re-sort.





I still have 10 squares to frame and resew, which I hope to do this week. On the right is the border print I picked and you can see the narrow sliver of the greenish binding. 
If you want to check out what other quilters are working on, hop over to Patchwork Times and check out the design walls posted there.

12 comments:

AnnieO said...

Looks like loads of fun was had by all at your mystery class--this is a happy quilt with all the cutting and rearranging of the simple beginning block. Enjoy!

Janet O. said...

This has really taken leaps and bounds. Obviously fun to do. Looks great, Kathy!

Mary said...

I did put my Civil War block up today. I didn't have anything new and fun to put up like you did. My CW quilt will be just one of the 20+ quilts I started in 2011 to continue onto the 2012 UFO list. Thankfully a few of those 20 got started and completed in 2011. Still a few weeks/days to get the new list sorted out.

Merilyn said...

What an interesting project! I love the colours and the fabrics are gorgeous!!!

Barb in Mi said...

Great fabric and colors from your mystery class! Now onder it 'took over'...

Angie in SoCal said...

What a neat mystery quilt. Love your border fabric.

Ellen said...

I can see why you are obsessed - it is wonderful!

Deanna said...

I like the quilt blocks! That is one I may have to try myself.

LuAnn said...

I love your project. The mystery quilts are just wonderful, too!

Heather said...

That is going to be beautiful! Gorgeous border print! :o)

Candace said...

What pretty happy colors. No wonder you enjoy working on it. 'Slicing' does make a big difference.

Kate said...

Very pretty. Really like the border fabric you've picked. Looking forward to seeing it all complete.