Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Civil War Wednesday

Two more blocks are added to my collection of civil war blocks. 
Block #32 is Carolina Lily 
It was a real challenge with the bias edged diamonds, and three set in seams to wrestle with. I am delighted that it came out to the correct size, and that it lies flat! (I skipped block #33 which uses templates...yuck!)

Block #34 is Rosebud 
This was an easy block to sew. The photo makes it look like one of the corners is too short, but it's not in real life.
Come back and visit on Monday when I will put all my blocks together for the design wall post.

9 comments:

Diane said...

very nice blocks-looking forward to seeing them together.

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks.

Janet O. said...

I look forward to seeing them all together on the design wall!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Gorgeous. Love them!

AnnieO said...

More pretties to add to your pile! Will look forward to seeing the blocks together.

Heather said...

These look great. Must remember to return on Monday to see them all together.

Merilyn said...

Your blocks looks great!!! I haven't had a play with all my blocks as yet and am still undecided as to how I will set them! I look forward to seeing all of your together!!

Ellen said...

Two more blocks to add to the collection. Looking forward to seeing them all together. I have never tried inset seams - they look like they are quite a challenge.

Amy said...

Nice job! Your blocks are beautiful.