Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow

It's a big day in quilt land tomorrow!
In the morning Bonnie will release the first step of her new mystery Orca Bay. I have a bit of fabric put aside for this mystery...not nearly enough to make the full size quilt, but just enough so that I can feel like I am playing along. I have to wash and iron my fabric tonight and will be ready to start cutting and sewing step #1 tomorrow.
In the evening it is Friday Night Sew-In and I am joining in the fun for the first time. 
Handmade by Heidi

I have read over the "tips for a successful FNSI" and plan to follow every one. I have a frozen lasagna to pop in the oven for supper, and this is the stack of projects I can chose to work on (3 of which are previous unfinished mysteries!) Or I may piece the backing for this month's UFO, which is also one of Bonnie Hunter's previous mysteries, or I might just work on Step #1 of Orca Bay. Drop by tomorrow night to see what I decided!

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

OMG, looks like you have enough there to keep you busy for SEVERAL FNSI events. Sounds like the perfect way to end a hectic work week. Can't wait for the first ORCA bay clue....wonder what it will be.

Kathy S. said...

Oh we have soooo much in common. I too can't resist a good quiltalong. I have so many projects neatly started and stored in bins--yet I am excited about Orca Bay tomorrow to. This will be my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. I can't wait.

Quilting By Celia said...

I'm also antecipating eagerly !!!!
Being in Australia it will probably be Saturday !

Karen said...

I can't find time for Bonnie's mystery quilt. But I will enjoy seeing how other's fabric choices look in the quilt design. It is always fun to see the variety.

Janet O. said...

So far I am telling myself I am just going to watch the mystery unfold. We'll see if I succumb or not. I wasn't really successful when it came to resisting the Floribunda that I wasn't going to make. : )

Helen in the UK said...

Love your organised containers! I'll be sewing during the day Friday and probably Saturday too. Enjoy your Friday night - sounds like fun :)

Greenmare said...

I will need to participate by watching what you have done. alas there are more plumbing emergencies and french verbs to conjugate, however I will triumph!! I will! Je bois beaucoup cafe!!!

Marit Johanne said...

I hope you are enjoying the Friday Night Sew-In! A year ago I was the lucky winner when you had a Give away. The "I love fall" wallhanging you had made has been decorating my wall this fall :) I also got some beautiful fabrics from you, and waiting for the right inspiration I have now made a fall table runner from some of the fabric. I thought you might like to see, so welcome to visit my blog!

Ellen said...

Love that all of your projects are stored so neatly in containers. That's exactly what I need - great organization!

Bonnie said...

I too love your containers... I've just started to use that style container -- moved from the taller and thinner rubbermaid containers... but of course, plastic never wears out so I guess I'll be using both styles for a while. I'm skipping this mystery and working on Carolina Christmas.... enjoy your sewing.