This was on my design wall very briefly. I just finished putting on the borders. "To border or not to border" was a big decision for the group that made the quilt, and we finally decided to border the quilt with this fabric.
here. This quilt will be donated to the Mennonite Relief Sale quilt auction to be held in May. To see the gorgeous 2011 feature quilt which is now posted on the website - click here.
Even though I quilted through 4 layers including the heat resistant lining, I'm having no trouble quilting with the Aurifil thread. (I wrote about some machine quilting challenges using other thread last week on this blog post).
I made this hot mat last month from Maxine fabric. It was a gift for a friend who hosted a thanksgiving dinner party and it was more fun to sew than the oven mitts :) I think I might make a few more of those with any leftover pieces of the heat resistant lining.
To see what other quilters are working on the week before Christmas, check out Judy's Design Wall Monday.