Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mini Trips

At mini club last month we studied the trip around the world (TAW) pattern. This is the design of my oldest UFO, which you can read about here, and it's one of my favorite classic quilt patterns. It's so simple but can be very challenging to make with lots of seams to match and long strip sets to control.
I made this mini version from batik fabrics a few years ago, and the squares finished at 1/2".
I recently put the binding on this mini a few weeks ago. It is made from the Windham reproduction line of fabrics called More Pink & Chocolate, which you can see here.


And here are the projects from the group...some are finished, some are in various stages of completeness, and some are headed for the garbage apparently (they aren't shown in the photos!).



These are made by Nancy (who put her trip on pointe) , Jake, Carol (who is still working on the other half)  and Diane.



The top 3 in this photo are made by Anne, who couldn't decide which colour way to sew, and ended up making all 3! And the green and blue trip was made by Cheryl.



These trips were made by Jackie, Lynn, Sandy (who made 2 exactly the same and already gave one away), Marilyn, Audrey, and Lana.


What a fabulous treat for the eyes each month as we see how each person's fabric choices turn out. We are always inspired by their creativity with borders, settings, and embellishments.

And speaking of trips, I'm planning to take a mini  trip to Michigan with my Mom and sister to visit my little sister and maybe take in a quilt shop or two!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Mini's are deceiving. I tried one once and finally muddled through it. I wonder where it is now?

Precision is absolutely necessary when making a mini quilt.

Yours is lovely. But then I rather liked the larger one you mentioned. How is it coming along?

Rose Marie said...

Those are wonderful mini's ..... and I admire anyone that makes them.

Diane said...

I was making a block a day today with a lot of 1.5 inch squares...that's as little as I go...I think I said a bad word, once or twice :)

Millie said...

Beautuful quilts and great show and tell!

Jeanne said...

Great quilts. Love your teeny pink one!