Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm not starting anything new....


I have several things to finish up for the quilt show - click here to find out more about the show. I have hanging sleeves to sew on and 2 quilts to finish the quilting on. I may have mentioned that I work well under pressure!
I also have my garden to sort out. Since we have frost at night, the plants are all dying, so the remaining tomatoes have to come in. I am freezing some and canning some.

And I am for sure not starting a new quilting project. No way. I don't have time. Maybe after the quilt show. Judy Laquidara is having a "Quilt for an Hour" project on her website, and even though I love it and know that it would use up a lot of stash (and I have the perfect fabric for it)  I am staying strong and am planning to resist starting this new quilt. 

8 comments:

knitnoid said...

Good luck with not starting anything new. I'm doing my best to not start anything new either.

sewnut said...

Resistance is futile.

Connie W said...

Why is it that we want to start new things rather than stick with the old ones and finish? It must be a part of the quilt pox, ya think?

Susan said...

It's hard for me not to start a new project as soon as I see it too, but sometimes you have to concentrate on finishing a few too! Good luck!

Jeanne said...

I'm going to miss those little tomatoes. We haven't had a frost yet, but the days are numbered. I am tempted by Judy's latest, too, but cannot start anything else new. Repeat, I cannot start any new projects....VBG

Gina said...

Best of luck. I give you a week

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Libby said...

Love the tomatoes - just think how wonderful they will be come winter and you can't find a decent one in the stores *s*

julieQ said...

It is still too warm here for a month or two, but dear husband wants some green tomatoes for chow-chow. I know what you mean, I love the lure of a new project too. I have resisted so far on Judy's lovely quilt...so far.