Sunday, September 13, 2009

D9P Finish


Here it is...my last post on the disappearing 9 patch quilt because it is finished!! Not a bad turnaround time since I just started playing with the fabric and making some experimental blocks at the beginning of August! The finished quilt turned out to be 54" x 76".
Here is a photo of the back of one of the corners. 
I had a very fun time quilting it, especially the borders. I used the hooked feathers that Sally Terry describes in her book Hooked on Feathers. As always, I practised with my pencil and old computer paper first, and when I felt comfortable,  jumped right in to the quilting.

And I did not have one single problem with thread breakage, even at top speeds,  because I used Aurofil on the top and in the bobbin....have I mentioned how much I love that thread?!?
And here is the finished quilt laying on my daughter's empty bed in her empty, lonely room. Unfortunately she recovered very quickly from her cold and is already back at school.  Luckily I still have my Molly dog to keep me company and pose for photos.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to have a nap under it.

    Finished quilts are so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feather border is wonderfully done! I would love to try that sometime. Congrats on your finish; the quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - I will have to look up that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job Kathy. I really like those hooked feathers...your quilting looks terrific.
    I see we can now "expand" your photos for a closer look, I have noticed other Mac users were having the same problem....so glad you got in solved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so beautifully...great job Kathy!!!

    ReplyDelete