Sunday, February 17, 2008

Under the weather

Just before Valentine's day I started suffering with a cold, which has continued to get worse every day. Maybe it's just that I am "under the weather". Here is a photo from this week of my Molly dog beside the snowbank at the end of the driveway, so you can see how much snow we have. It was getting harder to find places to put the snow. Now today it is pouring rain, which will change to freezing rain. No wonder I am sick!!!
But a wonderful highlight has been receiving a package from Meredith at Quilt Threads. I was the lucky winner of the draw for the first anniversary of her blog. You can see all the wonderful treats she sent by clicking here. Thank you so much Meredith...what a wonderful and generous package you sent! All of the things in the package were quilting supplies that I had never seen before, except the rotary blades, which I desperately needed and I will put in a new one as soon as I feel up to quilting again. While resting and staying warm, I have enjoyed pouring over all the new patterns and deciding what new project I would like to start!

9 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Aw Kathy... I'm sorry to hear you got the 'crud'.

We had ice here earlier and now high winds turing to snow overnight. I'm SO ready for some spring weather!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jeanne said...

Oh, Kathy, I'm sorry you are under the weather! Hope you feel better very soon. What a wonderful prize you received in the drawing from Meredith. I love the patterns and the Jo Morton fabrics.

Libby said...

Hope you are back on the mend quickly. Looks like you have a lovely package on the way that will certainly lift your spirits *S*

Andrea said...

Poor you ! Hurry up and get better - there are quilts to be made missus - lol !!

Meredith said...

Glad you got the package. Hope you feel better soon.

Greenmare said...

I had that cold too and it really knocked me out! I stayed home from work one day and shocked the family! ;-) rest rest rest, fluids, (chocolate) and fabric, that's all you can do dear.

ShinyNewThing said...

Kathy, get well soon, what a nasty thing to have at a cold time of year. Hope you feel better quickly, best wishes, Sharon

Khris said...

woohoo...lucky girl...that would have made you feel a bit better winning a lovely stash like that.
Hope you feel good soon. Hugs, Khris

Carole said...

Hope you feel better soon! Fun mail is always a treat! Keep well!