Saturday, February 23, 2008

Connected Hearts

I am starting to feel better every day...finally! It was a good week to miss since my children only had a 3 day school week (Monday was Family Day and Friday was a P.D. day) which meant they were around to help out more, and there was less running around for me to do. It also meant I was home when the hot water heater sprung a leak, and had to be quickly replaced.
But I missed teaching a quilt class that I was looking forward to. The project was this 8" square Valentine's mini quilt that I am calling "Connected Hearts".I got the idea from the "Connecting Stars" minis I was making (click here to see some), and thought that by changing the direction of the connecting corners, you could make hearts instead of stars. It was really fun to sew, and is made from 5" charm squares, including the backing and binding.
I am so glad to be feeling better because this week is quilt retreat! One of the things I did to pass the time while laying in bed this week was to think about what projects I would take to work on, convincing myself that I would only work on UFO's. I would not have time and energy to go shopping so I wouldn't start anything new. It sounded like a good idea when I was sick, and now it doesn't sound very exciting! What was I thinking?!?! I was clearly delirious!

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like that mini - what a cute idea.

Gina said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. that flu is horrible

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Never a good idea to think about quilting while sick and drugged up.Much better to do with a clear head.Shopping for a retreat always a must. I am trying to finish UFO this year but it is hard when you go into the stores and see all that new fabric.....Glad to hear that you are feeling better.No time to be sick when there are soooo many quilts to make.

Greenmare said...

funny how a fever will make you come up with some really STRANGE ideas! finishing UFO's??? If you do that, then they won't be UFO's anymore and what kind of identity crisis are you causing then???

Andrea said...

Yes - you were definitely not in your sane mind - lol ! Glad you're getting better ! Have fun at the retreat.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Glad you're feeling better! So many have had a bad flu this year.
All your quilting work is so pretty, and the mini hearts is adorable