Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring Shop Hop

It was a long week for my family, filled with concerns about my Dad's health, but after surgery today, he is doing much better and his prognosis is good. He has had 5 surgeries in 3 years, and so many serious health concerns. But we are so thankful today!
This meant that I was able to go on the "Spring Shop Hop" which included 6 quilt stores (in Southern Ontario, Canada) within about 2 hours driving distance. I know some of you quilters are lucky to have a dozen stores close by, but my closest LQS is about 1/2 hour away. Here is a photo of one of my favorite stores called "Creative Sisters". This is part of their batik fabric section and isn't it just beautiful to look at!?!?
I took my shopping list along, which included items that I will need for a class I am taking in May. I am proud of not leaving that preparation until the last minute, because I had to shop for products I haven't used before like "Fast2Fuse" and black "quick bias". Here are some of the things I bought and looking at this photo, I must say that this was a successful day in that I only bought things I "need"...no impulse purchases. All of these things are for specific projects or for my class.
And, of course, we had to stop in at the chocolate store! I took a photo of this beautiful display at the Rheo Thompson Candy store to show you. Their chocolate is delicious and their packaging is extra special. It's just as pretty as the fabric shelves above, only not as good for you as the fabric! What a great day...good news about my Dad, new fabric purchases, no impulse buying, yummy chocolate and lots of beautiful things to look at!
Check my blog later in the weekend to see the project we collected fabrics for...at each quilt store we received two pieces of fabric and at the last store we received a pattern for a little spring wallhanging!

1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

I hope your dad will be Ok after his surgery! (hugs)
That shop hop looks like a lot of fun, I wish I could do something like that here (deep sigh)
I am enjoying looking at your lovely quilting projects!