Friday, April 13, 2007

Miniature Quilt classes

I had such a fun day today! Both of my children have recovered well enough to go to school, and I taught two miniature quilting classes. All week I was so worried about getting their illness and missing my classes,but I still feel fine...yippee! I'm sure the students were tired of hearing me say how happy I was to be away from the sickhouse! Here are the miniature quilts that the morning students worked on last month. We used a pattern from Wendy Vosters (with her permission) and just look at all the different ways to set these blocks...some quilters separated the blocks with sashing, and some added a couple of borders. Some snowmen are still waiting for their eyes and mouths! They did a great job and here they are proudly showing you their work! Thanks again Wendy for generously letting us use your design! Watch your mailbox for a treat from me!Here are the afternoon paper piecers with their Valentine heart quilts from last month...using either 3" or 1 1/2" blocks (or both) and different layouts. In today's class they were building houses for their own little neighbourhood, and mastering the skill of pieced joins.
Did I already tell you what a great day it was!?!?

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well, the links work. I left my comment for this post on the link post. :-) The quilts looks terrific and the students happy. Wish I could have been there.

Jeanne said...

This is a test to see if my picture appears with my comment.

Carole said...

Nice little project! One thing I've come to realize after my completion of a Carol Doak UFO, I have no patiences for paper piecing and therefore will not attempt miniatures. I'm so glad that others enjoy it so that I can admire their work. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got out of the sickhouse and were able to do your class. The snowmen are soooo cute and the hearts look fun.

ShinyNewThing said...

ha ha, kids are wonderful and even more wonderful when you get a break from them (it's easter hols here and ds is off with the grandparents - yay!).glad you didn't get the bug.