Sunday, August 03, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching!
This past week I enjoyed hand stitching the binding on my
July UFO finish. There were 260 inches of binding to be enjoyed! I stitched in the evening in my backyard as the sun set. Now that the summer is half over, and the days are getting shorter,  I like to be outside as much as possible while the weather is still warm.

Since the binding was finished on Thursday, I will have to
move on to another project for today's Slow Sunday Stitching. I will do more hand quilting on "Always Home". And I will remember all the fun I had two weeks ago visiting fellow blogger Deanna, and  Barbara and Louise, while we enjoyed slow stitching in her gazebo.  We stitched and laughed and listened to the creek flow by. It was the most relaxing Slow Sunday Stitching ever!
What are you slow stitching today? Pick up a project and put in a few stitches. Breathe. Relax. 
Enjoy recalling some happy memories while you stitch.
Then link up your blog post below and share your progress with us. 





15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That sounds wonderful...listening to the water flowing in a creek while hand stitching! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Isn't it nice to have friends who enjoy slow stitching too! Sounds like a wonderful time.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Slow stitching outside with friends...what could be better???

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that must have been fun sitting and stitching with others

CathieJ said...

I wish I could stitch outside in the evenings but the mosquitos make a feast of me and I don't want to get the Off spray on my projects. I am looking forward to seeing all the projects you mentioned.

Ellen said...

I bet you had the best time. What could be better than slow stitching with friends!

Lisa J. said...

It looks so beautiful up there. So nice to be sitting in that gazebo stitching away.

Janet O. said...

Your stitching in the gazebo looks like an ideal getaway!

Deanna W said...

I forget how lucky I am sometimes to have the gazebo and the creek. It was a fantastic belated birthday weekend, quilting and stitching with my quilty buddies! Thanks again for coming to visit!
Your Northern Blog Stalker!!

Jill said...

End of summer evenings can be wonderful for sitting outside. Having a sewing project is a bonus. What fun to be able to stitch with a fellow blogger in such a lovely setting.

Cathy said...

I'm spending today outside stitching, too, on Cactus Rose, on her binding!! She's almost done!

Chantal said...

Your quilting is so beautiful. VERY nice work. I too try to keep to happy thoughts when quilting. I don't want unhappy events to come into mind and show up in the quilting. I don't remember who's grandma it was that once said; "Oh! the things this quilt know about me!" So I am careful what I whisper. ;^)
Just want to say Thank you Kathy for doing this link week after week after week. I truly appreciate all the time you give us. Thank you!

Monica said...

260 inches to enjoy, lol! I don't dislike sewing binding, but I am always very glad to round that last corner for home!

I hope you had a good day with your wonderful plaids. I am behind on my project for my self-imposed Wednesday deadline, so no blog post for me this time. Maybe next week!

Gari in AL said...

I always feel a little left out when I read these posts (I really don't enjoy hand sewing) but yesterday I realized that I am "slow stitching" when I knit for relaxation. ;-)

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing up the binding. No hand stitching here, but I did find time for the machine so that's something.