Monday, May 03, 2010

Design Wall Monday #18

This is what is on my design wall today.
I started sewing these blocks at SewFest West on the weekend. They are made from a charm pack of 5" squares and I learned how to make the blocks on this SewWonderful tutorial. It's easy and fun and will quickly make up a kids quilt for my guild's comfort quilt donation in June.
Here is the pile of pieces waiting to be finished into blocks.
Wish I didn't have to go to work...I'd sew all day :)

To see other design walls, go to Judy's blog and visit all the blogs listed.

7 comments:

Diane said...

that's a great pattern, I need to try it out...one of these days.

Laurie said...

Kathy, the purple is pretty dull; I bought 2 reproduction purples. although they would look brighter with the light side of the triangles touching it instead of overlapping and just touching dark.
Your quilt is looking bright and pretty. I'm checking out the pattern.

Vicki H. said...

I love those block and from charm packs too. I am so addicted. Off to check out the tutorial Thanks...

Barb in Mi said...

Your blocks look great! I checked the listed tutorial - and they are on my list for the next QFK quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

I like that block, too.

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute. Don't you love Charm Packs? I keep thinking I'm going to get some 5 inch squares cut from my stash using the GO cutter but so far I haven't.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like that pattern - thanks for sharing the tutorial!