Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Sampler #14

I have been playing around with lots of little pieces, and bunches of half square triangles to make my sampler block this week. My 12" block this week is a record holder with the greatest number of pieces I've sewn in one block so far... 176 pieces!
Here is one quarter of the block which has 44 pieces.




I thought I was doing quite well managing to keep track of all these small pieces, until I surfed over to Tazzie's Quilts and saw that she made a 6" block that is with 152 pieces! Click here to see her block...it's amazing!



And here is my finished sampler block...


Number of pieces in the 12" block: 176
Block Name: Criss Crossroads
Block Pattern Designer: Carol Newby
Pattern Source: Quiltmaker 100 Blocks magazine (Block #67 )

9 comments:

Joy McD said...

Oh wow!!!! I can't even imagine using so many pieces in a block!! It looks great!
lv,
Joy

Heather said...

looks great. Congrats on all the pieces behaving for you.

Karen said...

The fabrics are oh so good!

Diane said...

your block is so "wow"-that's a lot of pieces alright! I love your colors too.
The link to Tazzie's is not
'nearly insane", I think it maybe be jaw-dropping crazy insane! I can't imagine piecing a block that little with that many little pieces-my mind has been boggled.
I think I have to go check it out again...:)

Quilts And Pieces said...

I do love those fabrics! I think it is a great block!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I am looking forward to seeing your completed quilt. The colours are lovely and I absolutely love this block!

Gina said...

Great block and you've more patience than I have to make one with that many pieces

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amy said...

So Kathy---I've said it before----I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fabrics for your Sat. Sampler blocks. What are your plans with them? Are you sewing every Sat. for the rest of the year? Making a few different Sampler quilts?

julieQ said...

Wow, 44 is an amazing number of pieces...Tazzie's quilt is the nearly insane one, right?