Sunday, August 02, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party where we celebrate and enjoy a wide variety of stitching options! It is a hot mid summer weekend here, so I'll be staying indoors by the fan and stitching with a minimum of movements!


Yesterday I started the August Fast Frisian stitch along hosted by Jacob at Modern Folk Embroidery. This is a traditional sampler and we will be stitching about 140 stitches every day this month to finish it by the end of August.  


This is a new colour palette for me to enjoy stitching with, and I look forward to working on this for the month ahead. It's interesting that the colours kind of look Christmasy, but somehow not?!? This was the day 1 stitching in the bottom left corner of the design.

Also yesterday I posted a summary video on my Youtube channel to share the projects I worked on in July. You can view that video here.


It has been a very busy summer here so far and I'm looking forward to a quieter month ahead.
What are you stitching on this week? I hope you will have time to enjoy your hand stitching today!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I do like your new sampler project and stitching that number of stitches every day should be achievable!!!!! Well lets hope so! Really like the colour combo also. Sarah quiltingbythesea

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such pretty colours in your new sampler project. 140 stitches a day should be doable. Have fun with this project.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your new start looks like a sweet one, Kathy! I know you'll enjoy stitching on it. Have a wonderful Sunday - I'll be stitching by the fan, too!

Kate said...

That's an ambitious stitch along, good luck. It is a very pretty project, so should be fun.

CathieJ said...

I like your video and your newest stitching project. Stay cool.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It's been a long time since I participated...and moved off of the old platform...but my stitching and quilting continues and I've got a renewed desire for community of like-minded quilters and stitchers. Thanks a bunch for hosting this! -Andrea