Sunday, April 28, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's time for the weekly hand stitching party!
Everyone is most welcome to join our gang! All you have to do is prepare your favourite beverage, grab your stitching project, and enjoy the relaxation that hand stitching offers. Hopefully we never get out of control like the stitchers in the photo!

But I attended Stitch North in Brampton, Ontario Canada last weekend, and let me tell you, there were some pretty rowdy tables of eager and very funny stitchers!

 And when Cheryl of Tiny Modernist set up her vendor booth, there was a rush of stitchers pressing forward in a purchasing frenzy and wild with excitement. Just look at these amazing Tiny Modernist biscornu pillows. That is the PhD level of 3D construction right there!

I can't adequately describe the energy in the stitching room of over 200+ stitchers, all meeting new people, seeing extraordinarily gorgeous projects, and talking about their love of stitching designers, flosstubers, beads, threads, colours, patterns, and finishing methods. I learned so much from talented hand stitchers from around the world. What a thrill!

I did make a bit of progress on a few little things but also made so many errors requiring unstitching. If you want to see the things I actually worked on, hop over to youtube and watch my Stitch North 2024 video recap.


Look at this beautiful mason jar lid made by Barb my table mate! Isn't that amazing?!? The stitching was sooo tiny! I want to quit my job and make a hundred of them! No wait... how would I pay for the supplies?? 


I guess I should keep my job so I can pay for the VISA bill for all my new projects. Total swoon! Some new gorgeous Roxy floss and speculaas linen to stitch on, and a pattern gifted to me by table mate Danielle.

Look at this photo...


I met Caroline of Evertote and Kerri of Roxy Floss, and was a total speechless dork! Luckily they helped me chose supplies while I answered "I don't know" to every question they asked! LOL

So this weekend I am hanging out with some quilting friends and hope to finish 3 quilts and 1 quilt top. What are you doing this weekend? What are your hand stitching projects?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like you had an amazing time, Kathy! I don't blame you for wanting to spend all your time stitching "all the things". Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's easy to make mistakes when there is a lot of talking and laughing happening! It's nice you had such a wonderful time, happy stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You had a very inspiring and fun time at Stitch North! I don’t think I would get a lot of stitching done in a room full of stitchers. The shopping opportunities looked fun. Those pincushions look amazin.

Kim said...

It sounds as if you have been having a lot of fun with all things stitching. How lovely to meet new stitching friends. The maison jar lid is so pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun weekend! I'll have to check out your video and see what it was like. Have a wonderful Sunday, Kathy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Chantal said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I can even not imagine 200+ stitchers all together, talking about their hobbies. There must have been a constant roar of laughter in one corner or another. I love the biscornus. I did one with fabric and promised to make some with embroidery ... but it hasn't happened yet. Gorgeous floss purchased; love the new project too. Enjoy! ;^)

Angela said...

That sounds like such a fun event!

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had an amazing weekend!

Kate said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, but a bit hazardous to the wallet. Looks like you have some fun new projects to start on soon.