Sunday, April 21, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching


It's Sunday, which
 means it is time to slow down and do some hand stitching. It has been such a whirlwind week that I still haven't even had time to visit all the hand stitching links from last week.

Today I am stitching in Brampton, Ontario at Stitch North! It's the last day of my first cross stitch retreat and it has been a wee bit overwhelming! I made a youtube video of some recent finishes and the projects I brought to Stitch North that I intended to work on. But I didn't actually. I have spent a lot of time visiting and shopping the vendors mall!

However, this past week I did finish this lovely Modern Folk Embroidery project (stitched 1 strand of thread over 1) using a variegated DMC floss on 25 count Lugana. I love this chart (and it's free - click here to get it) and put aside all my other projects to finish it. I just couldn't put it down until it was finished. In my video you can see I put it in a frame that I thought I would like, but it's much too dark. I will think of another finishing option for this special design. Thank you to designer Jacob for sharing this lovely chart with us!

In preparation for this wonderful retreat, I purchased a bunch of DMC floss (which I haven't yet touched) and thought it looked like a pretty bouquet of colours! I have 
learned so much about hand stitching this weekend, and I am in awe of the creativity and beauty that I have witnessed. But sadly... I didn't stitch what I brought to work on!

Apparently I have purchased a lot of new items and projects! Here is a new project called Gathering Acorns that my table mate Danielle gave me the chart for. Then I bought the 32 count Speculaas fabric and 7 Roxy hand dyed threads I purchased for it... OMG all of it is so gorgeous! I may or may not stitch on it today... stay tuned.

So what are you stitching today? Please link up your blog post below and share your progress with us!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The curse of retreats is that when you come home, you're inspired to start so many new projects! The Modern Folk Embroidery is beautiful! I hope you find the right frame soon. Happy stitching!

Kim said...

How fun to attend a cross stitch retreat. Your finished cross stitch is lovely; so pretty in those blues. Love the sentiment.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I saw some of Debbie’s pictures of the retreat…lots of people stitching! Of course you did some shopping ! Enjoy your last day at the retreat. Your finished cross stitch’s sentiment is a good reminder. Lovely stitching!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your projects look like fun, and those floss skeins do indeed look like a bouquet!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your thread is all so pretty and they look like you will have fun using them

Angela said...

It would be hard to get any stitching done when there are vendors to visit!

CathieJ said...

I think any retreat with vendors would be dangerous for me. More buying and less stitching. I like the piece that you finished. The variegated thread makes it look very pretty. I love the piece that your table mate gave you. Enjoy your stitching!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good morning and happy Sunday, Kathy. Such gorgeous stitched pieces . Thank you so much for sharing the links. Gorgeous floss colors . So glad you are enjoying the retreat. Hugs

Kate said...

Beautiful stitchery finish! Love the variegated thread you used there. Enjoy your stitching time today. You definitely have lots of inspiration!

MissPat said...

I chuckled when you said you had spent a lot of your time in conversation and hadn't worked on the projects you brought. No surprise that you also found new projects to start. It sounds like you're having a good time and learning lots of things. I'd say it's been a successful retreat.
Pat