Sunday, March 10, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party

Did you turn your clock ahead one hour last night to adjust to "daylight saving time"? Although it's not as stressful of an event as it was when my kids were young, it is still a change that takes some getting used to.  I'll use it as an excuse to take things slow today, and do lots of stitching. Also the weather forecast is for "blowing snow", so it's the perfect day to stitch!

I have been a bit obsessed with the Historical Sampler company cross stitch mystery called "All things grow with love". This is how my project looked at the end of step #1.

I love how it is looking so far! I will be putting more stitches into this project today, and hope to at least finish the birds. The next step will be sent out on March 18th, so I have another week to finish up step #2 which includes stitching more flowers and bees. But first... the bird bodies must be finished!

What are you hand stitching today? Are you obsessed with a project that you can't put down, even though you have so many other things you'd like to be working on? Share your progress with us and link up your photo, instagram or blog post below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I had a quick panic when I saw you had changed your clocks this week! (our clocks change in three weeks). I do love the Historical Sampler Company kits. I used to subscribe to there monthly stitching boxes but I cancelled when I just got to far behind with them. Too many projects and not enough hours in the day!

Kate said...

All but the alarm clock automatically reset to the correct time. It's going to be such a messed up day. Thankfully I'm not working. Enjoy your slow stitching day, hopefully it helps you reset your clock for the upcoming week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've become obsessed with cross-stitching over the last year, and can't seem to stop myself from starting new pieces! A mystery design sounds like it would be great fun and I love the beginning of yours. Enjoy your stitching today, Kathy!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a pretty sampler. Lovely colours. Enjoy your bird stitching today. We had some snow overnight and the ground is white!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Your mystery SAL has a sweet folk art vibe. Love it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A sampler with birds...I love it. Pretty colours too, Kathy.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I had almost forgot about the time change. I certainly miss that extra hour of sleep. LOL. Your sampler is looking fabulous, Kathy. Gorgeous floss colors. I wish you a wonderful day stitching. Stay warm and cozy. Hugs.

Jill said...

Yes, clock has been turned ahead. Darker mornings for a bit. Understandably All things grow with love can be a bit obsessisive in a good way.

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your new project. I remembered all day yesterday I needed to set my clocks ahead and was going to do it before I went to bed, and forgot. So I slept in this morning till 8:20, which is crazy unusual for me. 7:20 would have been sleeping in for me. But all the clocks are changed except one, which I will need a tall grandson to do this week.

CathieJ said...

I have never been affected by the time changes thankfully. I guess I just go with the flow. There are times when I get obsessed with working one project to the detriment of all others. Right now I am somewhat scattered with what I am working on. Your latest sampler is very pretty. I didn't know about that mystery stitch.

Auntie Em said...

Your historical sampler is so lovely. Is it hard to wait for the next installment to arrive?