Sunday, March 24, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Every Sunday we roll out the welcome mat for like-minded hand stitchers to gather for a virtual party. Thank you for joining us this week! We encourage you to get out your hand stitching project and put in a few stitches. Then make yourself a cup of your favourite beverage and visit other hand stitchers around the world to see what they are working on.

Today I plan to do some cross stitching and some binding stitching. I am pleased that I am keeping up with the Historical Sampler Company stitch along called "All things grow with love". 

This shows the stitching to the end of part #2 and part #3 has been sent out already. I changed up the colours on the right side flower and got a wild hair to use some variegated teal floss. The flower on the left has the "called for" floss. I think the variegated floss calls too much attention to itself, but I'm not sure. Do you have an opinion?


I'll also be doing some quilt binding today. When I attended the guild mingle yesterday I brought home some quilts that just needed the binding finished. Here they are sitting on the steps to go upstairs to my sewing room.


I got a quick start last night on the blue quilt on the top. Of course I had to use my blue scissors and blue thimble to stitch with blue thread on blue fabric! LOL

Also, I wanted to show you my new Mac Sport XL folding wagon (with brakes!) that my nieces bought for me. It holds all my quilty stuff to go to meetings and retreats. I'm terrible at taking selfies but hopefully you can see my wagon filled to overflowing as I was leaving the guild meeting. I was so excited about it's inaugural outing - no assembly required!

So now it's your turn... what are you hand stitching? Please link up your blog and/or leave a comment, and share what stitching project has captured your interest today.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Kim said...

Mmm....It's a bit hard to decide which thread for the flowers. The "called for" thread does fit in seamlessly with the rest of the cross stitch. What a fabulous wagon your nieces bought for you especially when you have to lug to meetings and retreats.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those wagons are very handy and hold a lot of stuff!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your nieces found the perfect gift for you! You can haul lots of supplies in your wagon for retreats and meetings. Variegated floss has its place in some projects but in others , it muddies the waters. I like the flower on the left better…the crispness of the colours suit the project better. Your sew along project is gorgeous. I love looking at what everyone is working on each week at your Slow Sunday stitching link up. Thanks for creating a wonderful hand stitching community.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

All Things Grow with Love is such a sweet design, Kathy! I love variegated floss, so I think your flower is really pretty, but if you want your flowers to match, maybe the variegated won't work for you. Your wagon is great - looks so handy!

Kate said...

Your All Things stitchery is looking good. I think the variegated teal thread looks fine. That wagon is really cute, looks like it works really well. It will be really handy for retreats. My sister bought me a bag that's been great for taking quilts to guild meeting.

Chantal said...

I love your cross-stitch project. It is so beautiful. From the picture, I don't see the right flower dominating. It looks different and pretty, IMHO. That's a lot of binding to do. Are you still counting the inches of binding you do in a year? I thought that was a fun thing to do but I always forget to add them up. You took a great selfie. You will wonder how you ever managed without that wagon before. So useful! Enjoy! ;^)

grammajudyb said...

I don't think the different flower stands out too much but it depends on the look you are going for. The other left side motifs match the right side, so maybe it should too?

I agree, the wagons are a must as we attend retreats and gatherings. I have one too!

MissPat said...

Since I had to really search to see the variegated thread, I think it fits in just fine. I hope you won't decide to take it out. That wagon was a great gift.
Pat

Angela said...

You look so beautiful with your cart! It is a great selfie!

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your sampler! Your selfie looks great to me. I got one of those wagons last year, and will be taking it to my day retreat later this week.

Sarah said...

It is a gorgeous cross stitch project. Personally I would go for the left hand colour, but either looks nice. That is a great piece of kit your nieces bought you. Although I was looking initially at the car (with brakes) LOL

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Agree on the variegated. Plain looks better.
Love the wagon. Your Sampler is so pretty!

I am back from 4 months recovery from thumb
Surgery. Yea! Hugs

Nann said...

The cart is a great idea!

Deanna W said...

I wish I could bring home quilts that only needed binding, they all need quilting!! Love your little wagon!