Saturday, February 05, 2022

Scrappy Saturday

As my readers know I have a large sewing machine collection that I call "the herd" that you can read about here. And now I have started a new sewing machine collection made of fabric!




Last year the Fat Quarter Shop posted a free pattern of a sewing machine block in 3 different sizes. I immediately fell in love with it, and I have been making a block here and there as time and interest permit.


I decided to make a 3" and a 6" block for aqua month. These are the pieces cut out and ready to sew. I love my Alphabitties for organizing small pieces! I don't know how I used to sew complex blocks without them!

I made a 6" aqua machine and a 3" aqua machine. So. Darn. Cute. 

I like digging through the scraps and finding a large enough piece to make a block.

And here is the block collection pinned across the top of my design wall. So far there are 5 large machines and 3 small ones. Is it odd that I have no interest in the 9" block size!?!?


What are you sewing with your aqua scraps this month? Linking up to the weekly RSC party

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

I do not find it odd at all that the 9 inch blocks seems to big. Everything tiny is cuter after all! What a fun collection.

Dolores said...

Just a question: Did you ever finish your scrappy sprouts quilt? I tried looking in your finished quilts link but didn't find it.

Char said...

Great collection of machines and blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are definitely cute, Kathy! Won't they be fun in a rainbow of colors?!

Terri in BC said...

I love these! I'm with you - the smaller the better!

Vireya said...

Cute RSC blocks!

Jenny said...

This will be just right for your sewing room! I guess that's the plan you have for it?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Small and TINY sewing machine blocks are SEW much cuter than a larger size might be, Kathy! Of course, this is coming from a quilter who sees EVERY quilt pattern in a shrunken version. LOL!!

Janice said...

So cute. I can just imagine these turned into a sewing room bunting.

Julie in GA said...

Your sewing machine blocks are adorable! Smaller is definitely cuter!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

These sewing machines are so cute! A rainbow of sewing machines seems like lots of fun.