Tuesday, December 07, 2021

December UFO

It's already December 7th and I haven't posted my December quilting goal yet! This month I am repeating my unmet goal from last December - UGH! I want my Christmas tree project to be finished. 

There have been 2 barriers to a finish: 1) my indecisiveness re: is this a tree skirt or a table topper, and 2) the quilting design dilemma. 

Last December the majority of my blog readers voted to have this become a table topper, so now that decision is made. 

I have been doodling some possible quilting designs on a print out of a photograph of the quilt top.
I've narrowed it down to these 8 options...
*Three background designs in beige thread: 1) stippling, 2) loops, and 3) swirls
* Two tree designs in green thread: 1) outside curves and inside grid, and 2) wavy lines
* Three star designs in red thread: A) circular, B) curved lines, C) straight grid.

I sure hope I don't get stuck on these decisions! I will give myself until December 10th to decide and then I'm picking the ideas out of a hat! LOL
Linking up once again to One Monthly Goal

9 comments:

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

The loops look like Christmas tree lights, especially if you make the bottom of the loop wider and the top with a curved point. The ones directly to the left of the bottom tree are especially nice. I like either the curvy lines or the circle for the stars.

With all the straight piecing, the curves in the quilting will give it movement and softness.

JMHO, and I'm a total novice at designing quilting patterns!

Angela said...

I love the idea of a double loop that mimics Christmas lights. What a fun idea. Whatever you choose, it will be even more beautiful as a finished quilt than as another UFO :)

DawnyK said...

Good luck! Can't wait to find out what you pick! The designs all look so fun!!!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love that idea of taking a pictures of your quilt and then practicing your quilting with a pen. I'm sure it'll look fantastic whichever way you decide to go.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

It looks so pretty! Go you, I'm sure you can do it! xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a beautiful quilt to focus on for the month. The swirls and twirls are going to look fabulous. Enjoy

Carol Andrews said...

Such a beautiful little quilt Kathy. It will be a sweet finish knowing you are clearing up a UFO! I need this pattern I think. Wherever did you get it?

audrey said...

I'm rooting for you! December really is the best time to get in the mood for Christmas quilting.:)

Angela said...

Love this!!!