Sunday, December 05, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly link up for hand stitchers! Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee, and enjoy some moments of relaxation with your stitching project. 

I have been hand quilting in short spurts of time on my oldest UFO. A few stitches here and there (over years) eventually makes a finished quilt! 

Quilting Bee
I am thankful my family does not depend on my needlework skills to be warm! Otherwise I would need the assistance of a tribe of talented stitchers like this one to help me finish a quilt in less than 20 years!



The only "help" I get is from Granddog Max. He is enthusiastic and encouraging, but mostly a hindrance to any progress! Look at his little crossed paws... so darn cute!

I hope to finish the quilting on the green triangles today (1/4" inside all the triangles).


Meanwhile Max waits patiently - just like the quilt is waiting patiently to be finished!

He stares at me to try to get me to play with him, and eventually he falls asleep... usually just as I am ready to move the hoop!

What are you patiently stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your creative inspirations with us!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Kim said...

Just look at Max's eyes; they are gorgeous! I love the thought of those quilting bees of old. I can just imagine the conversations as all the ladies quilted away. Your oldest UFO is lovely. With your quilting today it is that little bit closer to being finished. Enjoy your quilting.

CathieJ said...

Max is just so adorable. With his crossed paws it does look like her is patiently waiting. It took me 20 years to hand quilt my first quilt which was queen-sized. What was I thinking? I hope you finish that pretty UFO soon. You will be so pleased when you do.

Ivani said...

Max is so cute. Enjoy your slow quilting. Happy stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

big eyes on that puppy! love your quilt

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Max can just hardly wait for you to throw that ball for him - such a cutie! Enjoy your hand quilting today, Kathy!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Max is too cute. I don't have a hand project to do right now, maybe some binding in a few weeks, but the next two quilts will get bound by machine for charity.

Angela said...

Oh, those big sweet eyes on Max!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Every little stitch counts. Your oldest WIIP is beautiful and Max is a sweetie. Have a wonderful day and thank you for hosting the link party. Happy Quilting. Your HST look great too; you have inspired me to join the Quiltville Mystery QAL.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Your quilt is beautiful and I have an animal friend that lays
on my quilts...Bob...he also walks on them and leaves his
paw prints in mud...but it washes out in the laundry. Have
a great day!

Karrin Hurd said...

Max is cute. I think I have only hand quilted me 3 things. One, a quilt when I first started quilting, took me from 1997 to 2018 to get done. I kept setting it down and it would get covered up and I would forgot about it! I am collecting the clues to Bonnie's new mystery and will probably start it first of the year. Too much to do in the next couple of weeks to think about it. Happy stitching!

Deanna W said...

Oh Max is cute till he decides to have a snack and use one of your quilts!! Hand quilting is so relaxing, still working on the one in my frame....don't think it will ever get finished!

Jayne Honnold said...

It's a no-brainer that playing with Max would win out over stitching on an ancient UFO! We all have them, though, so we push on, right?!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Max is such a darling. And your quilt is more a long-term WiP than a UFO because you are still putting stitches in it regularly! We all have THOSE projects, for sure.