Thursday, October 14, 2021

Mid month UFO report

When you want to machine quilt a project and you don't know what pattern to use, you just have to start somewhere.

So I started quilting my October UFO in the centre block.


This is the design that happened from stitching continuous curved lines. It's a little wobbly in places, but I just kept on going.




Then I moved to the pumpkins and stitched a few lines with grey thread in the centre stars, then made 3 echo curves in orange thread on each side of the pumpkins.

When I was on my last pumpkin I realized that my Peter Pointer fingernail had poked a hole through the top of my Machingers. That means I have done so much quilting that I have actually worn them out! Time for a new pair!
I'm ready to quilt the bat blocks next, and am happy that I am on track to finish this before Halloween!

4 comments:

ButterZ said...

For a moment there I thought you were going to say you stitched through the glove.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was thinking too thank goodness you didn't stitch through the glove LOL - I think how you quilted the pumpkin is perfect!

Sarah said...

That's exactly what I thought! Glad you didn't attach your finger or glove to the quilt! Seeing your pumpkin fabric reminds me I have a mask in that fabric. Time to get it out. Hope you get your quilt finished before Halloween.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You should make it by Halloween! Glad you did not have a hurt finger! Hugs