Sunday, September 26, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party!

I am definitely looking forward to some slow stitching today. How about you? I hope you will take some time today to relax and to put a few stitches into your project. 

We have had a lot of rain lately, and the forecast for tomorrow is sun, so I plan to enjoy some outdoor stitching. As you can see in the photo, I have finished stitching the words on this tea towel, and have also done the martini glass. Today I'll work on the shaker and see how much I accomplish. You can also see the plethora of tomatoes from my little garden. I wish some of the other plants had done as well as the tomatoes did! I have already canned salsa and pasta sauce, and I'm getting tired of toasted tomato sandwiches. 

What will you be hand stitching today? We love to be inspired by your projects and hope you will link up your blog post below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Your table looks full of lovely autumn goodness. Enjoy the sunshine and stitching while you can!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I never get tired of eating tomatoes! I refuse to buy those hard things from the grocery store in the winter. Grocery stores should be fined for false advertisement when they call them tomatoes! I'll be either appliqueing or hand quilting today, just have to see which activity interests me. Happy stitching and relaxing, enjoy the sunshine!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

My tomatoes are also still in overdive! My sister took a gallon ziplock full of cherry tomatoes and a half dozen sweet peppers home with her yesterday. And there's still a bunch more on the vines.

Cute towel!

ButterZ said...

I’ve had a great day of hand stitching the binding and quilting with pearls thread. Also did some knitting

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love your photo. I too have more tomatoes than I can eat, so today more will get roasted for pizza sauce.

Ivani said...

WOW what a beautiful and inspiring photo.
Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty fall display on your table, Kathy! Enjoy some slow stitching today!

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
Awesome photo of your stitching...I'll be outside
today stitching, enjoying the sunshine. Have
a great day!

MissPat said...

Hope it's warm enough for you to sew outside today. It's sunny here (in western NY), but only in the low 60's and windy. I have a table topper to finish hand stitching the binding.
Pat

Karrin Hurd said...

How I would love to have your tomatoes and rain! Happy Stitching!

Miaismine said...

Love your tea towel and flowers! Happy Sunday!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kathy, I hope that you enjoy your stitching outdoors. It's nice enough here to stitch outside, but if I go out, I'll have to mow the lawn, so I'll probably end up stitching inside and just opening the windows. I am a professional procrastinator lol! Last weekend was all about eco printing and I hope to stitch up the little piece at the top. Have a great week and take care.

AnnieO said...

"It Never Rains in Southern California" has been our song all year--so no gardening at all. A toasted tomato sandwich sounds yummy to me :) Your stitching view must be very pretty outside. Enjoy!

Jill said...

Hope you enjoyed stitching outdoors. We’ve had lots of rain also.

CathieJ said...

I hope you enjoyed your stitching today.