Monday, September 20, 2021

Design Wall Monday

I have been enjoying the Bats and Boos mystery quiltalong. I have 2 friends who have already finished their version, so I was inspired to get sewing on mine. I wanted more orange in the centre so I used the pumpkins in a night sky print for the centre star.



I finished the centre block today and love how it turned out. It used up several scraps of black and it was a very fun block to sew. 




Here are all the blocks on the design wall. I am ready to sew the 9 blocks together and start auditioning border fabrics.


And in a rare episode of quilting self restraint, I am not starting the new Fat Quarter Christmas mystery because I haven't finished this Halloween one AND I haven't finished my Christmas UFO of the month yet. So look at me being all self disciplined!

Must. Stay. Focused.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

How unusual for you!,, LOL! The Halloween quilt is coming together nicely. Great fabric choices.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is really cute!!

ButterZ said...

Keep it up. I like the pop of colour in the centre. Well done.

Angie said...

Your Bats and Boos is adorable! I've seen so many cute versions of this quilt, I'm sorry I didn't play along...too much quilting restraint, hahaha1

Chantal said...

I applaud you for your restraint. I know how hard it is to say no. You did an excellent job with the Bats and Boos mini quilt. Enjoy the dithering for the border(s). ;^)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love those Bats and Boos! Hooray for you not starting the Christmas mystery. Leaves you time for Autumn Jubilee (bwahahaha!!)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your quilt is precious and love the lay out!!!!! I am just about finished with all UFOs. Beginning to feel free to do more quilts! LOL. Hugs

Rebecca said...

Yah....you haven't started the new "quilt along" but the month is not over yet and I have faith that you could backslide and sign in. lol

Deanna W said...

Oh but staying focused is no fun!! You can print the clues for the mystery and do it later. Not as much fun as playing along with everyone else!! Life is short....start a new project! Who says we have to finish them all!!bahaha

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Looking good and sounds like you might be busting some stash

MissPat said...

I admire your restraint, but feel sure it won't last long. Your "Bats and Boos" is coming along nicely, though.
Pat

Florida Farm Girl said...

That center block really "makes" this quilt. Good job. I've never had any interest in a Halloween quilt but I like this one.

Elaine Adair said...

Very pretty, a little sophisticated. 8-)))

scraphappy said...

That is an admirable level of self discipline. Great progress on the bats though. They look spooky!