Sunday, April 23, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly celebration of the art of slowly stitching by hand! We encourage you to slow down, breathe deeply, take a few stitches, and enjoy seeing the slowly created projects of hand stitching gurus from around the world.

I had a terrible flare of "gettingthingsdoneitis" this month, with many deadlines and not enough time. So now I have to recuperate, slow down and get myself calmed down. A few more embroidery stitches will be put into this Life Is Beautiful block. In fact my plan is to deliberately move SLOWLY like a sloth for the entire day. 
It used to be that the animal symbols of being slow were the turtle and the snail. But more recently the sloth has become the representative of slowness. Have you seen the Zootopia movie? Here's my favourite scene of sloths at the DMV:


It's Sunday, so slow down and stitch like a sloth!
And then link up your blog post below and share your slow stitching project with us.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

12 comments:

Kathy S. said...

LOL on the flare of "gettingthingsdoneitis". I've had that before. It one of those things that comes back too. Mine usually happens around the dishes, laundry, and other chores when I have a bunch of quilting projects on the brain. Get well soon. Haha.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope to get some quilting in today...though there is a kids birthday party this afternoon. Enjoy your slow stitching :)

Northern Deb said...

With one project completely finished yesterday, I think some slow hand stitching to be on the menu for today. Been slooowwwly stitching on this top for 7 years now. Hope you get to relax today too.

Ivani said...

Slow down and enjoy your Sunday time!

Jo said...

Oh I have been feeling that way for a while... I need to get and do some sewing. I seem to be tired all the time though

Sarah said...

That film clip made me smile! I hope you enjoy your S L O W day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will finish the quilting on the Postage Stamp quilt today!! it will be hard to slow down and take my time.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It is going to rain all day here, and maybe I can get the beading project underway.

Deb A said...

I was a sloth this morning while the kids made breakfast! Love this movie... might need to have a movie night tonight and watch this one again!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I really need a sloth day! Happy sloth day to you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I stitched the binding down on a table runner, but, didn't have time to post about it.

Maker Joy said...

"gettingthingsdoneitis" - what a great definition.

Have you seen the sock sloths!? Aren't they adorable? (http://www.craftpassion.com/2017/03/how-to-sew-sock-sloth.html)