|Cube section removed|
I have made slow and steady progress on this month's UFO. Truly, it has been very difficult, testing my patience and commitment to the goal. My seam ripper has been used more than the iron so far this week! This is the cube section that I removed last week.
I wanted to sew it back into the quilt top, lightest side up.
|Cube section reconnected at the top and bottom with a twist|
After unstitching the cube section from the main quilt, I reinserted it incorrectly! AGAIN!
This time I somehow created an origami kind of structure that did not in any way resemble a flat quilt! How is that even possible?!?
It doesn't matter how ...
I had to take the stitches out again.
|Cube block back in place|
So there it is.
I was tempted many times to toss this thing back into the UFO closet and work on something less stressful. But I reminded myself that this is exactly why this project was in the closet in the first place, and I can't keep doing that!
There was enough of the white to make a single row of triangles on both sides of the quilt. It looks like the size of the quilt will be around 53" x 62" which is the perfect size for a couch quilt.
There is only one more seam to sew to join the two parts of the quilt together, and this will finally be a quilt top!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.