Where was that thing?!?
I adopted my project from someone, let's just call her "Susan", who had already organized and cut most of the pieces for this quilt. Just look at all the little baggies and the orange notes with the sizes. Everything was all set for me to just start sewing!
And so I did!
This project made it's first appearance on my blog in January 2014. I began sewing the blocks on my white featherweight.
In May 2014, the log cabins appeared again on the blog and this time the blocks were getting a little bigger.
By August I was starting to play with layouts on the design wall and still making more blocks... and more blocks. There was not enough of the darker blue fabrics to make all the blocks and my quilty friends Barb and Deanna helped me find some close matches that enabled me to finish them.
And then I don't know what happened! They were MIA for a while. It had something to do with all the work of sewing long rows of blocks together on point, with a lot of pinning and pressing. The project slowly sunk to the bottom of the "to-do" pile. But thankfully, the organization of the project creator ("Susan") had inspired the project manager (me!) to be more organized, so when I went in search of it last week, everything was ready to finish up.
And here is the quilt top on the design wall with 124 blocks set on point. I have some great ideas on how I'd like to quilt it now that I've been inspired by it all weekend. The size is 59" x 84" and I've decided to call it Log Cabin Lunacy, inspired by Julie's link up... to visit click here.
To see more design wall posts hop over to Patchwork Times.