I have finally started putting together my spool quilt. The spool block was Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender challenge in 2012 (click here for the pattern) and I finally started making them in 2013. They became my primary leader/ender rainbow challenge project for a while and made
I worked on an on point layout last year, but then put it back in the closet. I had to decide if this was the layout I liked best, then figure out the setting triangles.
I took the spool collection to quilt camp this year and with the assistance and encouragement of my friend Barb, I made some progress. She helped me figure out the setting blocks on the edge. I needed to make many more brown spools.
We picked out some brown fabrics from the scrap box, figured out where they would fit best, and then Barb labelled everything for me. Her system worked out perfectly!
This is how the edge will look. I'm very happy with all these decisions and looking forward to making more progress on getting these blocks into a quilt top.
To see more Rainbow Challenge projects, hop over to SoScrappy.