The second Swoon block is quilted. You can see the first block I quilted last week here. I tried to quilt this second one using a similar design. I lost my bearings once or twice, but I don't worry about that. I just get back on track as soon as possible :)
Machine quilting is only enjoyable when the machine and the supplies and the operator work well together. A big part of the learning curve for me was finding the threads that my machine liked the best.
50 wt. Aurifil threads run through my Brother domestic sewing machine like butter. And believe me I have tried every thread out there. Although there was a bit of tension adjustment to make at the beginning of quilting this block, there was not one single thread break! And I was quilting at high speed most of the time.
Then I started the prep work for block #3. I am using up small batting scraps for this quilt-as-you-go project and joining them together using the Heat Press tape (review here). The iron must have been on too high a setting, and I melted it. That's the first time that's happened! I will be more careful with my iron as I continue to join together these batting scraps.