I really wanted the green to be in the block to hopefully "calm it down" a bit, but the green was only in the sashing. So I made one block with the white and the blue florals in the center 4 patch, and then made one block with some green in the center 4 patch.
I was surprised to find that I didn't like the change as much as I thought I would, so I think I'll go back to the original plan.
I have a lot of block parts in various stages of development and it won't take long to get the rest of the blocks together since I am only making half of them for a smaller version of the quilt. My quilt will be 3 blocks by 4 blocks, plus likely 3 borders.
To see more versions of Grand Illusion in development, hop over to Quiltville, and to see more design wall postings, visit Patchwork Times.