Thursday, April 25, 2013

Earth Day


Did you celebrate Earth Day on Monday? 
I almost forgot about it this year, and the only thing I did was go for a long walk and enjoy Mother Nature and the great outdoors.
I took a walk-about in my little backyard and saw that my rhubarb has begun to sprout up! We love rhubarb, in juice and in desserts, so I was happy to see my patch returning this year.
I also noticed that 
the rabbits have returned (insert sad face). 
This is the evidence I noticed on my Rose of Sharon bushes. 
If you have read my blog for a while, you know that I have been battling the rabbits for the produce in my garden, and as I was contemplating how to build a bigger fence to protect this summer's vegetables, guess who came to visit!?!? 




It was as if he was saying... 
"yah lady, just try to keep me out of the garden"!




6 comments:

Janet O. said...

My daughter's birthday is on Earth Day (or the other way around), so I always forget about Earth Day as I am focused on her.
I did drive through a nearby mountain canyon with beautiful views to get to a quilt shop and pick up a kit I had ordered. Does that count? : )
My garden pests are raccoons--so maddening!

The Slow Quilter said...

I did not celebrate earth day this year, I just worked and went home and fell in the bed. I have never tasted rhubarb, put have always seen it, like pies. Next time I run across it I will give it a try.

Deanna W said...

A pest you see...me rabbit stew! I could never do it they are just too cute but I am betting my dog would put the run on them! We got 3" of snow yesterday and it is pretty and white out but the sun has come out and melted it all. Maybe now Spring will begin here in the north!
Have a good one!
Northern Blog Stalker!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I spent the whole day in my yard, moved some azalea bushes and divided a couple of hosta. I 'm so jealous of your rhubarb. My MIL used to make best rhubarb/strawberry pie. I guess I will have to settle for strawberries, mine are forming little berries! Yeah!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We relocated 5 baby bunnies in 3 days last weekend. Grrr! They aren't even scared of our dogs.

Sheila said...

I love rhubarb! There are a lot of rabbits around here. And they don't seem to be afraid of people or dogs. Good luck in keeping them out of your garden.