This July will be the third birthday of my BeAttitudes project. I am using a technique that I discovered I dislike (machine applique) and I have to force myself to work on it. But I am motivated to get it done now because I have a friend who would like to use the pattern book, so that is helping me to get going on these blocks. The photo on the left shows all that I have left to do...2 more baggies for the last 2 blocks!
The 10th block is almost finished...he just needs some embellishments.
I just loved how this BOM (from Reichard's) was organized...each block in it's own bag with the fabric all neatly placed in order, with the applique pieces together and the background block pieces together. The only thing I changed about the fabric was to eliminate all the floral fabrics, and I still had plenty to make the blocks. I have heard about people sewing kits that barely have enough fabric, but this one was very generous and a pleasure to create blocks with.
Here is the beginning of block #11.
The background is pieced and has the applique stuck down, and now it needs the letters, the buttonhole stitching and the embellishing. Only 1 more block to go after this one!