Friday, June 26, 2009

Another finish

I finished another UFO this week...yahoo!  You can read about the beginning of the quilt here. I would like to make special mention of the date that I started it...January, yes, of 2009!!!  This quilt didn't even make it out of the car at quilt retreat in February and it was so close to being done. I finally got it out and finished up the quilting. 
What kind of quilting did I do?
-even, nestled feathers in the 3 pieced rows
-outline stitching around all the Winnies and piglet
s
-crosshatching lines on all blue background fabric
-wavy lines following the words in the green border (which I don't like and wish I hadn't done there, but...oh well...
done is better than perfect!)
-varied feather quilting with a wavy spine in the outside borders
And here it a shot of the back of the quilt which maybe shows the
 quilting lines better. I was happy that I had enough of the soft green fabric to make up the binding. I don't have a baby in mind to give this quilt to. I sure am delighted to have finished another UFO.
Wait until you see the next UFO in the production line!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

What an adorable quilt!

Jean said...

That turned out so beautifully. I love the quilting, you do awesome work.
Glad you are tackling those ufos, I have several that need to be bound...that is the part I am bad about finishing if I don't have a plan for the quilt.

Darlene said...

A wonderful, wonderful finish, Kathy! I'm here to start dancing across the hot desert just for you! WooHoo!

Gina said...

It's wonderful

Love and hugs Gina xxx