Sunday, February 08, 2009
It was a busy weekend with family activities and parties so I haven't had much time for quilting. In my stolen moments of sewing, I have been plodding along with the DD blocks. I decided to make the double 9 patches be the outside blocks that will butt against the brown floral setting triangles (see layout #2 here) so I needed to make 12 more double 9 patch blocks....which means 12 x 5 = 60 3" 9 patch blocks! But I didn't have much fabric left. I cut all my remaining scraps into small squares and have been trying to cobble together the last few blocks. Makes me remember how great strip piecing is for sewing blocks like this...I made the first 20 blocks in much quicker time than the last 12.
Posted by Quilter Kathy