Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Cut it up" day!

Thursday is "cut it up" day at Stashbusters. Here is what I have been cutting...pieces for a miniature tesselating leaves quilt. You can see the first block I finished (in the top left corner). Actually my first block attempt was too small, but this one worked. I wasn't sure when I cut these pieces how many I would use, but it's much better to have lots to chose from than not enough, right. Maybe I'll go cut a few more just for fun!
Here is the inspiration for my newest project...(music alert - if you are surfing the web late at night, turn down your computer speakers or you'll scare yourself):
Thanks to Nancy for this great idea! I am sewing a little version using connecting corners instead of paper piecing. Here is a website that explains in great detail how to sew these corners:
The biggest of my cut pieces is 1" x 2" - it's really cute!
Tomorrow I am going on a Shop Hop...woohoo! Hope I don't cause more problems for the economy...I better alert the bank about an increase in my credit card use!

1 comment:

Jean said...

This is going to be so cute. Do you have the pattern or are you trying to figure it out on your own? I love tessellation quilts...might have to try this one.