Thursday, May 29, 2008

Orange Crush step #5 done

I have been sewing a few OC blocks each night before bedtime, and surprisingly have only made a few little mistakes. I have finished all the blocks and they went together a lot faster than the step 4 blocks, maybe because there were only 20 of them? At first I didn't really like them, because the orange is really bright, but they are growing on me and I just hope that the layout will calm them down a bit!
I am so excited for all the quilt events I will be attending in the next couple of weeks. On Saturday is the Mennonite Relief Sale and Quilt Auction. The quilt that I worked on with my friends (see this post) is now posted on their official website. You can see the quilts here and ours is quilt #166. It's amazing to think that this time last year we were just talking about how fun it would be to actually have a quilt that we had made in the auction, and now it is happening! Check back on Saturday night to see how the auction went!

9 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, congratulations. The quilt is beautiful, and if I were there, I'd see the butterflies, and be making a beeline (butterfly line?) to get my bid in on yours.

Ruthie said...

I think they will be toned down by your step 4 blocks. They should all play together nicely.

Amanda said...

Like you, I'm not convinced yet that the whole thing will pull together, it seems very bitty and the colours don't seem to go together so well once they're cut up. Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see, nothing else to be done. Have fun this weekend.

Jeanne said...

Congrats on finishing those OC blocks! The quilt you made for the auction is beautiful! I hope it sells for a good price! Thanks for the link to the quilts, too.

Lynn said...

Good for you, finishing up step
5. I do like your colors. When other bloggers say they don't like their colors - I like them. But I don't like my own. Maybe we think that way, because we get tired of the fabric. Like you when it's all together I'm hoping for the best.

Ginger Patches said...

How exciting to have your quilt in that auction! It's a beautiful quilt too :) I went to the auction site and got stuck there enlarging all those amazing quilts--thanks for sharing that link!

sewbeezy said...

I hope the butterfly quilt does very well in the auction. Your OC step #5 blocks turned out nice. I'm anxious to see how your completed quilt will look. :)

Annie said...

I like your colors - I think the green tones the orange down an bit. Maybe once it's all together with the other blocks you will like it more. I am still working on my blocks............ we're almost to the end!!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the orange and green together - it looks really effective!