Saturday, October 07, 2006

UFO list is ready

My UFO group had our first meeting this week. This is our third year together as a group and we always look forward to being together. We were asked to bring anything we had worked on over the summer, any UFO's we plan to work on this year, and food (of course!) for the potluck lunch. I was so happy to see my quilting friends again and talk about our families, jobs, travels, quilts,...anything we were thinking about.
I had my UFO list ready and reviewed it at the meeting. This is a photo of my selected pile of quilt tops for this year's list. One of the quilts is so old that it has a bad smell to it. It was a "Quilt in a day" project, that the group has renamed "Quilt in a decade" project!! And the store in which I took that class, has been closed for over 10 years! That is so sad! And I still really like that old log cabin quilt...except for the smell!
Hopefully these will all be finished quilts by June of 2007! So now I have one month to pick one of the projects, piece a backing, baste, quilt, and bind it.
One of the funniest moments of the meeting was when I arrived wearing the same outfit as the hostess...sorry Cindy!! We took a quick photo and then she graciously changed into another outfit before the rest of the guests arrived!
So, now I have to get to work. I also renewed my goal to stop
beginning new projects until I finish some of the old ones!
Wish me luck!